Monday, January 28, 2013

LET IS START TODAY Prayer


Father in Heaven,

Please help me to not be controlled by my body.

Please help me to kill every desire 
for the wrong kind of sex.

Help me not to be immoral or indecent.

Help me not to have evil thoughts,
or be greedy,
or worship any kind of idol.

Help me to set my heart and mind
on things above.

Help me to put to death
whatever belongs to my earthly nature

whatever comes from, or leads to,
any sexual immorality

Help me to stamp out
impurity 
lust 
evil desires 
and greed-idolatry..

Help me to rid myself
of all such things
as these:
anger 
rage 
malice 

Help me to get rid of
slander 
filthy language
from my mouth.

Help me not to lie.

Help me to let the peace of Christ
rule in my heart.

Help me to always be more thankful.

Help me put on new habits of
compassion,
kindness 
gentleness 
humility 
and patience 

Help me to bear with others 
and forgive 
WHATEVER grievances 
I may have against someone.

Please hep me to
forgive 
as you forgive me.

Please make your word 
dwell in me 
richly
as I teach 
and admonish.
Please help me to have more wisdom 
to admonish.

Help me to have 
the right attitude
as I sing psalms
hymns 
and spiritual songs 
with gratitude 
in my heart to YOU!.

And please help me 
in whatever 
I say or do,
to do it all
as a representative of the Lord Jesus 
giving thanks 
to YOU
through Him.

Help me to love my wife. 
and do not be harsh with her.

Help me to start again today.

Help me today
so that I will set no vile thing 
before my eyes 
Help me to  hate the deeds of faithless men 

Help me to allow neither those men 
nor their deeds to gain 
a hold on me.

Father, thank you.
Please give me wisdom.
Please be with me
today 
in all the reality 
and substantiality 
that my physical, earthly body 
can stand.

In Jesus' wonderful name, 
Amen

No comments: